I’ve written copy aimed at intelligent audiences, for a series of clients including FTSE-100 companies and professional service firms. See my content portfolio for examples of my work.
• Print and digital copywriting
• Long copy such as white papers, annual reports, research reports and brochures
• Complex topics such as technology, CSR, education and law.
I offer technology copywriting via a separate brand, TechContent.pro.
I’m an experienced copy-editor, originally trained as a sub-editor in the medical press.
I edit copy for national and international businesses – working both directly and via agencies.
• Managing editorial projects
• Restructuring complex copy to clarify key arguments
• Rewriting copy in a new brand tone
• Proofreading for grammar and style.
I help organisations develop strategic tools to communicate clearly and with focus.
• Content strategy consultancy
• Training in content skills
• Developing tools such as tone of voice guidance and style guides.
I’ve been freelance for more than 13 years. Over the years my commissions have included:
• General technology copywriting for Jisc, the digital non-profit serving UK research and education
• Report copy-editing for corporate specialists Content Consulting
• Print and digital campaign copy for Freshfields in 2015
• Thought leadership articles for B2B magazines on behalf of Grant Thornton, Royal Mail and other well known brands
• Advertorials for the commercial teams of the Telegraph and the Guardian.
I was editor of the UK newspaper industry’s first ever blog, the Guardian Weblog, which linked to articles from online publications around the world.
• Chief sub-editor at Hospital Doctor (c.1999), a newspaper aimed at the country’s 33,000 hospital doctors
• Senior sub-editor at Update (c.1998), a training journal for GPs
• Trainee sub-editor across medical titles (c.1997)
Please see my privacy notice.
My office is in Sussex, UK, but I often travel into London to meet clients. I’m happy to work for organisations based throughout the world.Contact me to discuss a project